What kind of training do your practitioners have?

The acupuncturists in our clinic are Licensed Acupuncturists (L.Ac.) in the state of Arizona.  They are nationally board certified by the NCCAOM. In order to be nationally board certified it is required to pass board exams, finish a Master’s Degree level program in Acupuncture/Oriental medicine, pass the Clean Needle certification for safety, and undergo yearly continuing education. A Master’s of Science in Acupuncture typically is a 4 year / 3000 hour program (in addition to undergraduate work) that involves intensive study in Traditional Chinese Medical theory and herbology; this is coupled with at least 2 years of hands on clinical training.

Please note that this is different from a “certified acupuncturist” or a practitioner that does “dry needling”. Certified acupuncturist and dry needlers typically go through a very short training (as little as one weekend) with no clinical training. We always recommend seeing a Licensed Acupuncturist or Medical Doctor for any needling therapy as the required education meets the highest standard of training and board certifications are present. 


Questions, Comments, Concerns...

Contribute something positive to the conversation: